|Dress: Harper and Bay; Jesus Sandals: TJ Maxx; Diaper Bag: Amazon; Pained Face: Me|
First, major props to ALL the fashion bloggers out there! Posing for photos was about a million times more awkward and painful than I imagined. I almost cried, you guys... Also, none of this post is sponsored but most of the links are affiliate (I have yet to earn a cent though, so don't you worry!).
Today, I'm participating in a blog series called Mommy Style Monday, created by these two wonderful ladies: Madeline and Kiana.
We are grouping up with some other bloggers to share our diaper bag essentials. Check the bottom of the post for more blogs to look through, if you'd like!
Petunia Picklebottom bag until all the zippers broke, then I went through three cheap Target backpacks (those zippers broke too), and for the past year I've used a hardcore Ogio backpack. Yes, I have looked like I am constantly going backpacking, but I'm (clearly) so hard on my bags and my three kids need me to schlep a lot of stuff--it has really worked well.
But in February, I wanted a bag that wasn't so hefty. (With my Ogio backpack, I have literally taken people out when I turn around in the aisle at the grocery store!) So, while I still use my bigger backpack on days where we're going on adventures, I use this Skip Hop bag for my day-to-day essentials. The outside is wipeable and it looks as good as the day I bought it. (Remember, no body is paying me to say this!)
With that in mind, here are my diaper bag essentials--the things I always, always have ready to go:
2) Baby Toys: I like to switch these out every few weeks so they don't lose their appeal.
3) Snacks: usually some crackers, dried fruit, and reusable pouches with applesauce.
4) Nursing Cover or Lightweight Blanket
5) Emergency Treats: little M&Ms, Mentos, and small containers of chocolate chips have saved me more than once.
6) Sunblock and Hand Lotion
7) Keys on a Clip: because I always lose mine if I don't clip it to the same spot every time I get out of the car. (Can't take credit for this one--idea from Janssen!)
8) My Lip Balm and Kleenexes
9) Water Bottles: I am always thirsty and so are my kids.
10) Anti-bacterial Spray and Pouch with Wipes/Diapers: My friend sews these beautiful pouches and little bags (her latest are ,water resistant!). She gave me one of her early prototypes and I use it religiously. I love her fabric pairings! (Again, I wasn't asked to post that!)
11) Wallet and Checkbook: And my phone goes there too...
So there's that! Want to see what other moms have as their essentials? Head to the following blogs:
Kiana at Glitter & Donuts
Madeline at Casey Land
Kahana at A Beautiful Life
Monica it It's All About
Jen at Jam Tart Boutique
Chelsea at Tessa Marie
What do you always have to have in your bag? I must be missing something!
PS: I always have a washable wet bag in my car with extra clothes and underwear for each of my kids. And I'm always glad I do when they have unfortunate accidents at Target or fall in mud puddles at the zoo.