* I've really enjoyed our summer with this girl by our side. She is doing a good job of trying to include her little brother, RG, in her make-believe. For someone who loves, loves to play on her own, this is a big deal.
* Bella has been really into writing letters. She colors pictures or draws things, and then dictates letters for me to write. I don't even know how many we've sent out. We LIVES for a letter to arrive in the mailbox with her name on it.
* We started art lessons as a summer activity. It's just once a week, but we've found a sweet teacher who picked up on Bella's temperament right away and her exhaustive need to do everything just right. I've been really trying to get Bella to understand that mistakes are OK, and this art teacher has stepped up as well to help our little girl understand that messing up is part of the learning process.
* RG loves his baby brother oh so much. It's a physical love, though--meaning the kid just can't seem to leave his hugs and love-shoves to himself. I know his little heart though, and that it's out of a big love for his little brother. He's trying so hard to be gentler and I can see those two becoming the best of buds. Bring on the wrestling!
* While Bella is in her art class, RG and I have been kicking around a little soccer ball. I don't think I can ever forget the sound of his laughing the entire time we play. He loves having some one-on-one time, and the more active it is, the better.
* I know we'll have to work on it within a few year, but I am currently loving his speech impediment: round-R's.
* My sidekick will be 1 year old in a little over two weeks. That knowledge makes my heart hurt a bit. I have so, so loved having a baby in the house. The joy he has brought all of us is indescribable.
* Bean is as chill as can be, as long as he is attached to Mama's hip. And I don't mind it one bit.
* He loves, LOVES to drink--from cups, from sippy cups, water bottles etc. It's almost insatiable.
* Bean has lost all semblance of chub and is soooooo long. Thank goodness he was almost 10 lbs at birth; he got every germ that has come his way this past year and went through round after round of not having a strong appetite. I think if he had had a normal appetite, then he would be ginormous. I am so going to miss those juicy thighs!