I'm taking this idea from Kelly Jensen, who I'm sure most people have heard of. A Live List is similar to a bucket list, but it's of more of a short-term basis and not goal-related, just living-your-life-with-joy-related.
I did something like this for my 30 Before 30. I didn't cross it all off, but it was a nice way to get motivated to do fun things and LIVE my life. I want to do another one, but instead of basing it off my birthday year, I'm going to do it based off the year.
2017 Live List!
1) Finish Online Courses: This was one of my goals for 30 Before 30, but I only finished one. Time to do what I already paid for! (For those who are curious, I've paid for photography, photoshop, sewing, and relationship classes.)
2) Take a Trip with Brad: We have plans to go to Texas! Waco, too--for you Fixer Upper Fans! (Done! Blogging about it soon.)
3) Get Serious about Trying Workout Classes: I'm not allowed to run any more or do high impact exercise, but I can at least get strong. Right?! I'm doing more strength training/barre workouts than ever. I want some guns!
4) Buy a Road Bike: I need to be outside and I LOVE biking (I can't say "cycling," because it sounds too pretentious). My bike got broken last year (it was old though), so I'd love to get a legit road bike! And I'd like to climb Mt. Diablo again, too!
5) 40 Dates with Brad: We've gotten started! 1- Manchester by the Sea; 2-
6) Read 40 Books: 1-Go Set a Watchman; 2-My Name is Lucy Barton; 3-Me Before You; (Started but didn't finish: 100 Years of Solitude; The Signature of All Things)
7) Create 3 Photo Books: I seriously need to do this. No more excuses! My family needs this done and I need a system, stat.
8) 10 Family Adventures: 1-Day in SF (pastries, steps, and slides); 2-Berkeley slides and thai food;
9) Go to Big Sur: This was on my last list and it didn't happen. I really, really, really want to "go to there!"
10) Explore 3 New Places in CA: Related to the above, but I'd like to continue to explore new-to-us places where we live.
11) Go to the Temple Monthly: This might become more of an on-average thing. (Went: March 2nd)
12) Make 30 New Recipes: 1-Sausage Tortellini Soup; 2-Peanut Butter Cookies; 3-Enchilada Soup; 4-Lemon Tart (experimented with a recipe...); 5-Rocky Road Cake; 6-Red Velvet Cake; 7-Crockpot Pesto Chicken; 8-Korean Beef Bowl;
13) Take a "Mom Day:" I did this for my 30th birthday and it was awesome! Definitely doing this again.
14) Go on a Pastry Crawl: Two of my friends and I did this the past year and it was the best. I'd love to eat more delicious pastries from SF!
15) Go On Ten Girls Nights: I need my gals. 1-Cheesecake Factory!; 2-La La Land; 3-Movie with Bestie;
16) Learn How to Watercolor: Another one on my last list. I bought the supplies, so that's at least a start.
17) Make Another "Masterpiece:" This is related to the above, but with my acrylic paints and the canvases that Brad gave me for my birthday, the sweetie. I did this while pregnant with Bean, and I'd like to give my artistic side another go!
18) Design a Master Bedroom: Our master bedroom is totally fine. But I want to make it awesome! That'll likely include a new bed (and getting rid of our IKEA mattress!), and nightstands.
19) Complete 5 Home Projects: This is a giant "maybe" for some that I'd like to, like my bathroom. But there are some smaller scale ones I know I can do, like a settee I'm in the process of fixing up and reupholstering. (Working on a settee--3/4 there with finishing it!)
20) Go on 20 Hikes: 1-Briones with Family;
21) Try 10 New Restaurants: We like eating and we like exploring new places to eat.
22) Go to the Beach 5 Times: We have some great local ones.
23) Learn how to French Braid: I stink at hair. I'd like to help my daughter look a little less scary every day. At least I've started brushing her hair! (Working on it--succeeded in making two braids, thus far.)
24) See Ten Movies, in the Theatre: Brad and I love movies but rarely see them. We've decided this needs to change. Seen: 1-Manchestester By the Sea; 2-Hidden Figures; 3-La La Land (X3);
25) Try Five New Ice Cream Places: I failed at this one miserably last year, and I want to do right by it. Ice cream has feelings, too.